Greek English
 
Home Page / What to know / Religious Life / Church of Agia Marina
Print this page
Church of Agia Marina

At the center of the village there is a church of Agia Marina that was built at the position of an older church. At the southern door of that church it existed a description reporting that the church was built in 1598. Among the icons of the old church that were transported to the current church, the oldest (according to Rubert Gunnis at the beginning of the 16th century) one was an icon of Jesus Christ next to Ioannis the Baptist and Ioannis the Theologian.

The most famous church of the village is that of Virgin Mary that is built in the middle of the northeastern side of Kordyla. The view from the courtyard of the church is panoramic. You can see the villages Lofou and Vouni at the eastern side, Troodos at the northern side and the villages Salamiou and Trachypedoula at the northwestern side.

 
 
 December 2017

MTWTFSS
 123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
25262728293031
 
 
CONTACT US
 
COMMUNITY COUNCIL OF DORA
4774, Dora
Tel: 25943162
Fax: 25943162
 
Designed & Developed by NETinfo Plc